Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Books I Read in January

I was crazy busy last month so I could hardly believe it when I saw on my Goodreads' list that I'd read eight books. Part of it was due to attacking my New Year's goals with gusto, but part of it was because I had time to read on the subway to and from my substitute teaching job.

1) I don't usually count cookbooks but The New Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day had plenty of text and tips so I decided to include it. I love homemade bread without stress so this method intrigues me. Their maple oatmeal bread recipe is scrumptious!

2) The Leavenworth Case, a vintage mystery by Anne Katherine Green was just okay.

3) The Sea Glass Sisters by Wingate is a novella that is surprisingly good for Christian fiction.

4) Amberwell by D.E. Stevenson was a light, comforting read. (reviewed here)

5) Eugenics and other Evils by G.K. Chesterton was not as brilliant as some of his other books.

6) The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot (audiobook was reviewed here)

7) The Four Graces by D.E. Stevenson - possibly one of my favorite Stevenson titles (review forthcoming)

8) Songs of Heaven by Robert Coleman was a worshipful study of the poetic passages in the book of Revelation.










1 comment:

Barbara H. said...

I've not read D. E. Stevenson but have seen her recommended a lot. I enjoyed Sea Glass Sisters quite a lot and am reading another novella by the same author now. I loved Eliot's Daniel Deronda and plan to read Middlemarch this year, and hopefully explore more of her books after that.