Tuesday, May 19, 2015

What's On My Nightstand

I'm sitting in the University library in my favorite small town in Michigan, basically in book heaven. I just looked at my Amazon "books to investigate" list and ordered the following books via inter-library loan. (As these books come in I'll be reviewing the best ones. The bad ones will just get crossed off.)

The Scarlet and the Black - Gallagher (WWII)
Our Only May Amelia - Holm (children's lit)
How to be Idle by Hodgkinson (I read a few pages of this trivial book and decided there were much better titles on my TBR list.)
If You Want to Write by Ueland
The Deep Things of God by Fred Sanders (about the trinity)
Becoming Orthodox by Gillquist
Female Chauvinist Pigs: Women and The Rise of Raunch Culture by Levy (As raunchy as the title. Unfortunately she offers no real solutions.)

Already on my book pile: Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good, Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert and Miracle at the Higher Grounds Cafe by Lucado.

It's a cold, gray day. Perfect for curling up with one of these books! (I'm restraining myself from putting multiple exclamation points.) So happy to have access to so many books.

4 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Wow what a fun bunch of books! I think each one sounds like it would be perfect for curling up with. So you are in the States? Welcome home.

Unknown said...

Looks like a lovely list! I should make one myself soon. My blog has been sadly having to sit quietly for awhile. I need to cull out all the ones on my stack that I was perusing and make a decision on my current stack. :)

Beth said...

I have The Scarlet and the Black in my Amazon wishlist. One day I will get to it.

Barbara H. said...

I loved Somewhere Safe With Somebody Good, and Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert is one of my all time favorites ever.